If you are like me, sometimes going into a still, quiet meditation space is difficult.
When I just can’t get myself to a place that feels comfortable, many times I give up and think “tomorrow is another day”
I do this wonderful practice that is easy and active at the same time.
Bonus for doing this practice in the cold, winter months? I feel energized and warm from the sun – and I live in Seattle where we don’t get to see the sun that often.
Take a few moments with this practice and let me know what happens for YOU.
Sunshine Buddha Practice
This Sunshine Buddha practice is easy to learn and feels great!
The Sunshine Buddha practice is a physical practice that helps you circulate energy through your body in a healthy and vibrant way. It clarifies, strengthens and purifies your energy system and promotes good physical as well as mental health.
The Sunshine Buddha practice has 3 parts. Doing each of the 3 parts is ONE repetition of the Sunshine Buddha practice.
After you complete one round of the practice, please visualize yourself healthy, refreshed, full of clarity and happy.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and your hand at your sides.
- Visualize a bright sun two to three feet above your head and in front of you.
- Raise your arms above your head and slightly in front of you with your palms facing this sun and visualize this sunlight contains positive, healing and spiritual energy.
- Inhale, visualizing the golden light and warmth from the sun pouring into your body through the centers of your palms and your third eye.
- When your body is filled with light, begin exhaling, visualizing all the light going straight down through your feet and into the earth
- Return your hands to your sides
- Raise your hands over your head with your palms toward the sun
- Inhale energy from the sun into your body through the same three points – the palms of your hands and your third eye.
- Visualize, as much as you can, the warm sunlight flooding your body and filling you to the bottom of your feet.
- When the sunlight reaches the bottom of your feet, immediately exhale while sensing and feeling the sunlight quickly bouncing back up from your body and out through the three points (palms and third eye)
- Return your hands to your sides.
- Raise your hands over your head palms again facing your sun.
- Inhale energy from the sun into your body through the three points (palms and third eye)
- Visualize, as much as you can, the warm sunlight filling your body and begin to exhale
- As you exhale, visualize the sunlight beginning to swirl upward with a spiral motion up through your body.
- As the light swirls upward, it collects any negative energy, including:
Sickness and unhealthy chi
Negative emotions and thoughts
Bad luck and negative energy
Anything unhealthy or negative you would like to release
- Continue to exhale and visualize the light exiting the three bodily points (palms and third eye) and returning to your sun.
- When the light reaches your sun, visualize that the negative energy is instantly, completely and permanently burned up.
- Return your hands to your sides
That is it! Feels great, doesn’t it?
If you want to do a further meditation practice, now is a great time to begin.
You can perform this practice as often as you desire.
If you would like the 81 energetic home and life improvement suggestions, sign up here to get the 9 week free program coming directly to you.